What do you do the day before your life will be unalterably changed? Hang out with your bestest little buddy.
I wanted this last day of just "Adam and I" to be ultra special. No tv time, no computer time (except for during nap time) and hardly any phone time (ugh, can't seem to shake that one). I acted like I wasn't even 9 months pregnant and played hard with Adam.
We went to the park.
We made silly faces for the camera.
We had drawing time on mommy's instruction sheet for the babysitters.
And we read books.
Even though it has always been, my time with Adam will be even more precious as a new little being enters our family. He won't get as much "mommy and me" time especially at the beginning. And he'll keep growing up and if I'm not careful, I might miss it. While watching "Finding Neverland" tonight (I know, great movie for an emotional pregnant woman), J.M. Barrie says to the mother, "Young boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older. And then, before you know it, they're grown." Sigh. So true.
Well, before this gets any sappier, I'll leave it. I have more cuddling to do with my bestest other buddy. You know, the one I'm married to.








No comments:
Post a Comment