Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baby shower - for a friend!

One of my many friends recently adopted a baby girl so I along with my neighbor Savina put on a baby shower for her. It was so fun! I had a blast getting the decorations thought up and the food prepared.

Our menu included a veggie tray, peach mango salsa, oreo truffles, chocolate-covered pretzels, chocolate zucchini bread, and a pink ombre cake. The cake was somewhat a pinterest disaster. I keep seeing the trend of ombre cakes and such, so I tried it on my own. I definitely need more practice :). A friend of Jenny's who came to help, rescued the cake as I didn't have enough frosting for it so she made a ganache and finished it off for me. What a life saver!

I was so lucky to find this: the saying hanging above the table is beautiful. It says: "Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bones,  but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute: you didn't grow under my heart, you grew in it." I jut printed it out and then framed it and gave it to Jenny as a gift.




Jed played photographer (and babysitter) for us so we have documentation of this event. Good job, Honey!


Cute baby Franklin.

Our guest of honor (on the right), Jenny, and her sister Sarah.

The banner I made from printed pictures that Jenny had posted on Facebook and Savina spray painted the clothes pins pink. So cute!
The puffs I made from tissue paper and pipe cleaners. I messed up on a couple of them, but I can just say that I took creative liberties, right?



All in all it was a success, although the house was a little small for all the people who came. We just cozied up to each other and luckily people came and went as they pleased. Too bad I can't put on my own shower - it's just too fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment