Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to normal

I have to say, it's fun deviating from your normal routine and family comes to visit. Along with that, it's nice to return to that once-boring routine and get back to life. The past few weeks have been crazy but soooo fun! My mom and sister came to Utah - Rebecca to go to EFY (a program for youth like a church camp) and my mom got to play all she wanted with Adam.

Since we last saw my family, Adam has grown up so much and I couldn't wait for them to see all the changes he had gone through. His vocabulary has doubled and his personality is more evident. They both had such a fun time playing with some plastic glow-in-the-dark stars my mom had brought.






Of course you can't forget story time. I didn't mind that I played photographer either :).


My mom was such a great help letting me take naps daily, and we had fun getting Emily's bridal shower and Adam's b-day party ready. My mother-in-law Brenda was able to be there for Adam's birthday and her gift was this awesome play set that Adam just loves!





Adam enjoyed the party way more than he did last year. He enjoyed the cake and present opening, except he desperately wanted to play with the toy he just opened and didn't understand why I took it away from him so he could open another gift. We also celebrated Emily's birthday, which was the week before, so she got in on the action as well.



















That Saturday before my dad and Katie came into town, we (my mother in law, mom, Rebecca and I) went and saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day concert with Katherine Jenkins. It was amazing. Jed and I saw the Christmas concert and were blown away, so this was no different. It was awe-inspiring, and even though I'm not a fan of operatic voices, Katherine's stage presence and enthusiasm as she sang. She was entertaining to watch and added so much to the emotion of the music.

I decided to break up the family togetherness in a few blog posts so you aren't overwhelmed with one huge photo dump. There are too many fun pics to leave out!

No comments:

Post a Comment