Throughout college, I worked on my college newspaper,
Scroll. I never thought how much of an impact it would be, even giving me a nickname and a career. The nickname is, of course, Scrollie. Anyone who has worked for the paper there has this nickname, giving us all an identity and bonds us. So when a reunion was planned for all the Scrollies, I knew I would regret not going. So I piled my friend Tammy plus Adam and Emily and Nate in to the car for a drive up to Rexburg.
What a wave of nostalgia! Even though it's been less than a year since I've been there, I came for another reason. I walked up to the Spori Building with Tammy and remembered months and years of making that same trek for classes, church and work. Looking back now, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have. It was still fun running into my old cohort in crime Jade Swartzburg who began Scrollie life with me, or my teachers and advisers who encouraged and taught me, or former coworkers who started their Scrollie life with me as their editor.
Poor Adam - I dragged him all over Rexburg too visiting with other dear friends of mine like Cara Hafen, Heather Morrison, Monica Saunders and Katie Harrison. It made me realize how lucky I am to count these girls as my friends still!
 |
| My beloved Spori Building |
 |
| My lovely friend Tammy |
 |
| Reminiscent of the many hours spent typing/designing at the computers |
 |
| Our trek up to the temple early one morning. He wasn't a happy camper. |
 |
| "I'm going there someday!" |
 |
| Fun at the splash park |
 |
| My dear friend Cara and her son Jacob. |
 |
| Tammy cuddling with Adam |
 |
| Adam trying on Kyann's helmet |
 |
| Kyann being sillly. |
 |
| Emily entertaining Adam during the looooong trip home. |
 |
| This was how he was most of the time. |
 |
| Our fearless driver (who gave me breaks) |
Scrollie for life! It was so fun to see everyone. I wish we would have had more time to see and chat. Since we do live pretty close we should probably get together more often. :)
ReplyDelete