Monday, July 16, 2012

A Piano Guys concert

Before The Piano Guys ever existed, I was in love with the talented pianist Jon Schmidt. Well, not literally, but I admire him and his skill at tickling the ivories. When I was in college, I was first introduced to him at a concert at BYU-Idaho, and then he performed for all the missionaries in the MTC for Thanksgiving. He is hilarious and is so fun to watch playing upside down or with his feet. 

So when I saw a concert for The Piano Guys going on down in Sandy (a 10 minute drive for us), I couldn't resist. And though we were seated so far away we couldn't see the stage and had to wait for the sun to go down for them to project on the screen, it was well worth our money. We were lucky the weather held out on us and showcased beautiful scenery as we waited. We also used the time to get in some Artemis Fowl reading (on of our favorite series to read).








The concert was so fun and Jon and Steven Sharp Nelson were such the duo! They had such fun chemistry and it was great to hear some of their most popular songs. Then they had some fun combining "Don't worry, be happy" with "Phantom of the Opera" and "The sun will come out tomorrow" with "Music of the night" from Phantom. It was great to be with just Jed and enjoy the night. 

1 comment:

  1. So cool! They're coming to BYUI soon and Mitch gets to work their concert...wish I could go too!

    ReplyDelete