Friday, June 24, 2011

Foodie Fun

I'm such a blog fanatic. One of my hobbies is sitting down to read blogs - food blogs, friend blogs, photography blogs - I just can't get enough! So in my perusal the other day, I saw my friend Khand made some homemade crackers. What a great idea, I thought. Especially because my little munchkin loves crackers!

OH and did I mention that we got a new KITCHENAID!! My mother in law gave it to us as a wedding/ anniversary present. Pretty sweet. So we had to try it out with the cracker recipe since it called for some "kneading."

Here is the dough rolled out:




We used a pizza cutter to cut the dough:



Little triangular shapes:


And the finished product:

It was too bad that Adam didn't like it at all - more for me, I guess!


Oat Crackers
1 cups flour (half whole wheat is good)
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cups quick oatmeal flakes
½ cup butter or margarine
1 eggs
2 tablespoons water

1. Mix together the first five ingredients.
2. Add the butter and mix with your clean hands until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Fork-beat the eggs with the water, add to the crumbly mixture, and use your hands to work into a stiff dough.
4. Sprinkle flour and a few oatmeal flakes on a clean surface, then roll out the dough into a rectangle as thin as you can.
5. With a floured table knife, cut the dough into 2″ (5 cm) squares, then cut the squares diagonally to make triangles.
6. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 400° F (205° C) for 10–15 minutes.
Serve with the Winter Chicken Salad, or as a warm snack with butter or margarine, cheese, or jam or jelly. Store in a tightly closed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment