Father's Day this year was low key. I made Jed a nice breakfast-y dinner (completely with a special fruit sauce) and we enjoyed each other's company. Especially these two:
What cuties.
At church, we have speakers who talk on various spiritual subjects. Father's Day was touched on a little, but what impressed me were the feelings I felt. I woke up that morning feeling tired and grumpy. My dad would tease me saying that that would be a normal thing for me - but I promise you it's not ;). So at church, my grumpy attitude melted away as I learned what I need to do to be a better wife to my amazing husband. He works so hard to provide for Adam and I. Last week, he lost his job of two years as the company downsized. That's a blow for any hardworking provider - and he has a little over a month left of school. As a SAHM I've been a little concerned (ahem - read sarcasm) about our financial circumstances... and Jed has been patient with me through it all.
Not only is he a great provider, but he is a loving and involved father to Adam. I can leave Adam with him any time and not worry at all about if he is taking care of Adam or forgetting about him. Jed has his hobbies but they NEVER interfere with family. He is also kind and forgiving when I mess up. What can I say? Adam and I just got so lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment