Our garden is looking amazing, despite the dumb neighbor cat who likes to use it for a litter box. Last week, I added to it, thanks to an awesome sale Home Depot was having. I stocked up on tomato, jalepeno, bell pepper, strawberry, basil, rosemary, cilantro and parsley plants as well as two columbines and a rhododendron. Ok so I went crazy. It was too hard to resist and the Home Depot lady was so helpful.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize that most of the plants required full sun and the garden spots that would get full sun were already taken up. Our garden is on the east side of the house right up against a fence so some of it gets shade mostly. What was I to do? After mulling it over for a few days, I remembered Adam's old dresser that got busted up a little bit in the move. We hung on to that thing, thinking we could redo it into something useful (thanks to Pinterest) but nothing was clicking. Well, when I thought of it, I thought that the large drawers would be perfect planters! And they were!
Who knew dresser drawers could make awesome planters?? And who knew after spending (insert so much time) on Pinterest that I would actually have an original idea?
Well, I guess we'll see how they fare at the end of the season ;). This year is definitely our "trial and error" year so we'll know what to do next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment