Monday, April 2, 2012

Inspiring weekend

I love being inspired and that's what this weekend was all about. Our church meets twice a year so we can hear counsel, guidance, advice and love from our leaders. And I was reminded by my aunt that it's not just men, but women who also were inspiring. It was fabulous.

Snippets of what I learned:

  • Stop judging and being critical of others
  • family time is sacred time
  • teach children to understand the gospel
  • The gospel is true - so then what else matters?
  • God enjoys being merciful
  • praying with our children is the single most important thing we can do. 
  • Wise parents teach children to get along without them.
  • Help children to establish their own connection with heaven.

It was a great weekend because I also got to spend a little extra time with my sister when she wasn't off galavanting with her boyfriend ;). We're excited to have to move in with us at the beginning of May!

But something special also occurred - something that was just so cute and precious! There's nothing like seeing your children do what they should on their own. What happened was this: a session of conference had already begun with the song and Jed and I weren't quite ready finishing up whatever it was we were doing. Suddenly it got quiet and I wondered if the prayer was being said. Sure enough it was, but what caught my attention was a little boy sitting on the couch with his arms folded watching the TV. He KNEW it was prayer and that he should fold his arms. I just wish I hadn't squealed and ruined the moment. Too cute.

Here are some snapshots from the weekend:

My sister Emily and her boyfriend Nate. I caught this the moment after they broke apart from their very first hug!
(they met on the mission and couldn't hug then)

Adam put his hat on himself. Can't get enough of his cuteness!

Jed wanted to swaddle him up like we used to when he was younger.
He stayed like that for a little bit until he wiggled out.

Here Adam is making his own shark sounds.

Adam kept trying to text on Emily's watch.

Adam warmed up quickly to Nate

Adam and his aunt Emily

Yummy caramel rolls for breakfast and dinner!

Nate took Emily to a candy shop and let her pick out candy for her family. This is what she chose for  Jed and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment