Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A better year

Sometimes my husband is way more profound than I give him credit for. It's just a reminder of how lucky I am ;). We were talking about what we expected for this new year and what we would do differently, and he said, "Let's just make it a better year." 

I just love the simplicity of that statement. Not that 2011 was a bad year, but making 2012 a BETTER year makes it sound that we can improve in all areas and overall, it will be better. Maybe that makes sense to just me.

Some things I want to accomplish:
- A few ideas on Pinterest that have caught my eye
- Decorating the house so our walls aren't so bare
- Improve my Spanish (which is in a very pitiful and sad state right now)
- Read 50 books this year (according to Goodreads, I read 25 last year - let's see if double is too lofty a goal)
- Post something daily on the blog
- Practice the piano daily

As I think back on this past year, it's easy now to see the blessings in all their forms. It's like the saying: "Hindsight is 20/20." I see clearly now things that happened that weren't the most welcomed at the time, but were preparing us or helping us to grow. I'm so grateful to the Lord for His goodness to us last year with Jed's new job, the move and our wonderful new life here in Utah. We are extremely blessed and we hope to share that with others in 2012. Here's to a better year!

No comments:

Post a Comment