Friday, December 30, 2011

Celebrating Christmas

This year, we hadn't planned on going anywhere. We've had too many trips during wintertime that were pretty scary. But then after talking with some awesome in-laws who were persuasive, Jed and I decided to head to Boise for Christmas.

Before we left, Jed, Adam and I had our own Christmas morning gift exchange. I feel pretty good about the gifts! I got Santa got Adam a mega blocks set as well as some books and other miscellaneous toys. Jed got the latest book in the Eragon series and a sweet apron (see below). I worked hard on that thing and it didn't turn out perfectly, but oh well. It was made with love ;)! And I got the best gift: Tickets to the Broadway musical Wicked! To say I'm excited doesn't cover it!


The fabric is chile peppers - found a whole 7 yards of it at a yard sale!
Later that day, we went up to Temple Square to rendevouz with a couple from SD who had Adam's Christmas gift from Grandpa and Grandma Beu - a new tricycle!


He was so excited and he knew it was for him. He couldn't wait to get on. Me and my poor timing, I thought we had enough time before the light changed for him to try it out, but guess not!

To top off our Pre-Christmas day, we went caroling to some of the older ladies with some friends in the ward. It was so neat and I think the older ladies loved it. Afterward, we had some hot chocolate and Adam had the sweetest mustache.


So we didn't end up leaving until Christmas Eve morning and arrived in the middle of a "Just Dance" marathon. Everyone, including the grandkids were shaking the boo-tay. It was quite the welcoming party. Too bad I don't have any blackmailing pictures for you... Next time, though.

Asleep - finally!

Kaitlyn with her uncle Jed

Everyone wants to help Adam with opening his presents.

Awesome monster quilt from Grammy.

I LOVE Charlotte's face - a new Polly Pocket!

Adam was having fun with Grammy's other toys. Forget the presents!

Cute little Alaina

Timber was pushing the horse when Adam got on.

Naturally, Gabby had to come check out what the fuss was all about.

All the grandkids - take note that Timber is being lovingly squeezed to death by Riggen. 

Adam and Uncle Kip

Grammy and Grandpa!

Opening "Santa" gifts Christmas morning



Kaitlyn and Charlotte love their uncle Jed!

All in all, it was a great, relaxing weekend, one that was much needed. We enjoyed food, games and shopping, and Adam enjoyed some one-on-one with Grammy and Grandpa Roberts.


No comments:

Post a Comment