| So yes, this was taken shortly after a spit up incident. I changed him afterward, don't worry. Doesn't he look like he's going in for a hug?? I love it! |
So I thought I was prepared for his shots, but much to my surprise, I cried just as hard as he did when they poked him. I couldn't believe how much my heart was breaking for my little baby who was screaming. It just makes me cry thinking about it! I think I attribute it partially to lack of sleep, but I finally understood, in a small part, of how our Heavenly Father feels when we, His children, are in pain. Some pain is self-inflicted through wrong choices, but other pain, much like vaccinations, are for our good ("He whom the Lord loveth, he chasteneth" or something like that).
The next day, Grandpa Beu came up for a visit after dropping my sister Emily off at the MTC for her mission. It was fun hanging out with him and Aunt Katie!
Dad and I went to breakfast the next morning - look at the sequence of photos. Adam goes from, "I don't know..." to full on smiling!
It was great visiting with my dad again. Love ya, Dad!
What a cutie! The shots are heartbreaking huh!
ReplyDeletehow cute!! I told Mitch he has to come with me when our little man gets his shots...he might have to drive his TWO crying family members home! :o)
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! I love the smile! I bet it's hard to lift those cute chubby cheeks but his does it well!
ReplyDeleteAdam is really growing. How precious he is. We are so happy for both of you. The clips of Grandpa getting Adam to smile are priceless. Miss you all. Harold & Loretta Hinton
ReplyDelete