Sunday, October 17, 2010

Birthday month

This month, I celebrated my 26th birthday. Man, I am old. Unfortunately, my birthday was spent nursing my two babies at home - Jed with a head cold and Adam with an ear/sinus infection. But later that night we spent time with some good friends eating creme brulee. Jed did get me a sweet gift: a new set of scriptures with genuine leather and my married name embossed on it.

 I was pretty happy.

This past weekend, we also celebrate Katie's 19th birthday so I made some german chocolate cupcakes with the frosting from scratch! It was great, even if I didn't mix the ingredients before cooking them so the egg yokes cooked on the bottom of the pot... don't worry, I fished those out!



Yup! She's a cutie! And she's getting so old - look at the smoke and everything!

Now, here's an entertaining series of photos. Adam was sitting up all fine and dandy on the couch when - oh you'll see!



Kerplunk! Just makes me giggle looking at these, but it was even funnier watching it. Disclaimer: no child was injured in the making of this blog post.

This month was difficult - one car was in the shop for nearly 3 weeks, but now it's out and I have can go places during the day. Adam also developed thrush as a side effect of the antibiotics he was on so we're still trying to get over that. But really, we don't have much to complain about so we'll just take Pres. Monson's advice and be grateful for our many blessings - some of which I've listed above!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I just love top heavy babies :o) It seems like they're 3 or 4 before they really gain their balance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I really love his little smile. So cute. Hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete