Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our jar runneth over

 

So I realized that I hadn't made cookies in a while -actually, my husband brought it to my attention that I was starving him from much needed nourishment in the sweets department. I blame it on the pregnancy. Strangely enough, I haven't craved sweets! A plus, maybe? At least for me. 

Well, the cookie idea was actually for Jed who was having a rough evening. I made his mom's recipe - the one that makes the cookies soft for weeks after - but it made over 4 dozen! I dusted off our unused cookie jar and started filling it. I soon realize that the cookies were not all going to fit and I thought of the phrase: "my cup runneth over" and the significance of it. Jed and I have been extremely blessed, all things considering (ie: we aren't millionaires, haha). We are healthy, we both have jobs, and our family is expanding with Grape. 

Side note: I had a surprise visit from my friend Melody Anderson and Janae Smith (I don't know her as well) - it was so fun! It's so funny seeing how our lives have changed so much - she teaching Spanish in Wyoming and with a new boyfriend and me married and now with a Grape. But one thing hasn't changed: our friendship. I have been so grateful for that. I have noticed so many of my friends and I growing apart - our phone conversations just aren't the same anymore. I don't know what to attribute that too, but it saddens me. Perhaps I need to work on that more...? Anyway, we had a great visit - I love that girl.

So yes, we definitly have had an outpouring of "sweetness" in our life and we can not take that for granted nor forget by whose hand it comes by.

So, taking stock of all my sweetness includes this one big sweetie:



Yes, I caught his hand in the cookie jar

And my other sweetie inside me. Life is good.

Recipe for cookies: 

4 1/2 c flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup shortening
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 3/4 c sugar
1/2 c milk
2 tsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate chips

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add milk. Mix in dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.

1 comment:

  1. cute!! Thanks for the recipe! We'll hafta try it! Melody is awesome--I wish I could've gotten to know her better!

    ReplyDelete