Instead, I thought I would post what our plans are for 2010. It's looking to be an AWESOME year, let me tell you.
* Jed will (hopefully) graduate
* I will improve sewing techniques with the snazzy new sewing machine I got for Christmas (namely with aprons and other small, simple projects)
* Jed and I will relocate further south - possibly to Rigby
* Jed will have a full-time job ... somewhere (we're hoping RFinity, but we're keeping our fingers crossed, just in case. Oh and our prayers frequent. Some of yours couldn't hurt too)
* Jed and I will be parents!

Yes, this is an ultrasound. Yes, this shows an embryo that is inside me now! Yes, I'm 10 weeks pregnant!
I can't tell you how long I've been wanting to say this on the blogosphere. We've been telling friends and acquaintances little by little, but now, I want to make this official. Aug. 1 is the due date and we are darn excited!
Jed and I have known for about a month almost. It came as a shock because I was just coming off birth control. We expected a few more months of quiet time before anything would happen - Heavenly Father sure had a different plan for us. Of course, we were "ready" for it to happen; we just didn't know when. This decision came after prayer and meditation and maybe a little pushing from heaven's side of things.
So yes, Jed and I are going to be parents. Every now and then, we'll look at each other and one will say, "You have a baby growing in you!" or "You're gonna be a daddy!" and then we'll just laugh and think how weird that sounds.
It's one of those times of your life that you never think you'll come to. Even know, it seems unreal that I have a little being (bean?) inside me, getting nourishment from me. Oh and by the way, we call the little one Grape. Just because. Well, actually, it came from finding out the size of it one day. I was doing a little research and it said that at the time the baby was the size of a grape. And so it stuck.
Telling my family was a riot, I can't lie. We took a picture of the E.P.T and printed it off. Christmas Eve, I tell my mom I have a funny story for her and pulled out the picture. She was pretty confused and had to get a confirmation from me more than once to convince her. Then there was a lot of noise. Of course, in the Beu household, there is always a lot of noise.
The only downside to this is the timing of it all, which in reality is God's timing of course. In late July, I was expecting to be a bridesmaid for my long-time friend Kristina's wedding in Nebraska. Apparently it's not to be, which was so sad for me when the realization hit.
But like I said, timing is everything and it seems that the lesson keeps getting repeated to hopefully become stuck in my thick head.
Anway - WAHOO!
yay! how exciting is that!!! congrats, and happy new year.
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH SARAH!!! CONGRATS!! This is SO exciting. I was wondering when you would be growing your cute family. I can't wait to hear more. By the way, I hope you aren't too sick. I started getting SUPER sick around 10 weeks. Oh I'm just so excited! When will Jed graduate? I'm trying to make a trip to Rexburg sometime so if it happens I'll let you know. If you have questions, you can ask, although I don't know how much of a help I'll be.
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting!! Congratulations! You're both going to be amazing parents.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Sarah!!!! Man, I haven't seen you since you got married! And now you're pregnant! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Haha about being pregnant after you lost all your pictures like I just did! There won't be a grape inside me for awhile!! :o)
ReplyDelete