Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The bump

So I thought I would post some pictures. I'm in my 14th week and I really want a baby bump already. I figure if I'm gaining weight, I might as well start showing, gosh darnit!

This is the start of a peach-sized baby in her momma's tummy. It's funny how perspective and reality are kind of different. Here, I don't really look that big, but from an aerial view, I'm huge! I guess I better enjoy this stage now because I'll be moanin' and groanin' sooner or later!

It's been pretty neat to actually "feel" the baby move inside. It's good to know Grape is still in there and is alive a kicking!

Oh and like my maternity shirt and pants? The shirt is from Motherhood Maternity, and the pants are too, except my friend Kristina gave me them. She was also kind enough to give me a pair of jeans and some skirts - what a life saver! She also took me shopping with her and we got some great deals at Old Navy - 6 shirts for less than $20!




I have my next appointment Feb. 2 - not sure if I'm looking forward to all the lab tests but I'll be glad to see the results as to how Grape is doing.

I've really been blessed this whole time. I've pretty much left the "nauseated" stage of things and I never even threw up so here's hoping to a smooth sailing 26 more weeks!

4 comments:

  1. How cute are you!? Congrats on being prego! And BTW you are due 10 days after me :) How fun! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So lucky!

    Well, you called Grape a "HER"...is it a baby girl?

    I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Sarah! You are showing a little bit! What an awesome deal on 6 shirts for $20. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute baby bump! And YAY for comfortable maternity clothes. :) I'm excited that I found your blog. :)

    Good luck with the labs... I DO NOT like giving blood... I pass out or ALMOST pass out ever time. :P

    Oh, and I love how you call him/her (them!) "Grape", haha! You're too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete