Saturday night, I had the honor of serving dinner to an Apostle, Elder Quentin L. Cook, and the campus Stake Presidents and their wives. It was such a special experience, and the other sisters and I got to introduce ourselves to him and he applauded our efforts. And I didn't even spill any food! I would have blamed it on the pregnancy anyway. Jed came later (on invitation) to eat the leftovers. He also helped clean up and met Elder Cook at the door (with his hands full of chairs) and gave him a gentleman's nod. I was very tired, but it was so worth it.
Sunday morning - we had early church (yay for us!), and Jed and I both sang in the choir. Elder Cook spoke as well as his wife and Pres. Clark. It was such a neat meeting. I was so inspired!
Later that day, we met up with some good friends: Mel Anderson, Elise Cammack, and Mark (Mel's bro.). Mel's other friend Janae was there and Mel's new boyfriend was there. We made homemade pizza's (in the shape of hearts, of course!) and played Phase 10, which wasn't nearly as fun as the conversation we kept up. Ahh, good times and some great memories.
Here's a random photo of some yummy goodness. Oh and I did them myself, by the way!
Check out my other blog for an update!
How awesome that uo got to serve Elder Cook. Do you work on campus or was it the R.S. presidencies in the stake? That sounds amazing. What a great weekend for you two!
ReplyDeleteI also love the starwberries! You'll have to tell me how you did them all. So cute and romantic!