Tuesday, August 9, 2011
This is the place
This is our new home! We found it our first day looking in Midvale (south of SLC about 15 miles), but couldn't get ahold of the managers. The next day, we called them and got a tour, fell in love, had an hour to think about it (another lady was considering it too), took a chance and signed the lease! We are so dang excited! As we walked through it, I could just imagine our family growing and living there - I knew it was the place for us.
It has four bedrooms, two full baths and lots of storage. We love the nice back yard with a possibility of a garden next year. The landlords are just gems and we can tell we'll all get along just fine. They've done a great job updating some carpet and getting us a new fridge.
Right now, we're still hanging out in a hotel in between the time we move things from Rexburg to Utah and while Jed begins his new job with the Church. In explanation of that, he is a software engineer for the FamilySearch department, which focuses on family history. Exactly what he'll be working on is a mystery to me. All I know is that it deals with computers and programming.
Oh and I should mention that HE GRADUATED!! Yes, Jed has been working on his degree since 2004 and we're so proud of him! It was a long, long road, but he persevered through the ups and downs, with a pregnant wife and then later with a new baby and cranky wife.
It's been the best two years and we both have accomplished so much together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a cute house! I'm so excited for you! And that's really exciting about Jed working for FamilySearch. I love that website & I get emails from them fairly frequently. It's fun to know that I know someone behind the lines. lol In fact I just got a ton of family history info this weekend so I plan on using FS frequently once school is over so you can tell Jed I'll be running his programming ragged. Or at least using it. I'm not quite to the geneology gramma stage yet.
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on him graduating! My hubby still has a loooooooong way to go... lol