Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Belated

I realized that I never posted about Adam's birthday! I guess I can blame the move.

The whole month of July felt celebratory to me. My mom and sister picked Adam and I up July 2 and we left for South Dakota, not returning until July 18. It was a fabulous vacation - just so great being with my family and watching them interact with Adam.

When we returned, I had one day to make the cake and the next day was his party. After mulling over ideas (from race tracks to cell phones), I decided upon this:


and this:


The bottom one was for Adam. I was pretty happy with them - I made them both from scratch. I really wanted to do fondant, but no one was excited about that, plus we didn't have much time. Oh well.

The party was so fun! We had good friends over and good food, thanks to my awesome parents.

Melissa and Jeremy

Megan and Ellie

Jill and Juliette

Patience and Aliona


Kristina and Kyann
Adam loves his Aunt Katie

Kyann is such a ham

So cute!
So I think I need to revise the plan for cake eating next first birthday. Adam had no idea what to do. And what did I do? Give him a spoon.




After cake and ice cream, we opened the gifts and man is he a spoiled kid. But wouldn't you know he enjoyed the wrappings more than the gifts. Silly kid.





But we love our little guy. Hard to believe that a whole year has passed since he entered this world. He's just such a happy kid and so expressive and smart. Look out world - here he comes!

1 comment:

  1. wow!! He's a year old!! I'm sorry we couldn't come to your party! I wish we could've--it looks so fun! Where did you move to? You can FB message me if you don't want the whole online world knowing. I totally get that!

    ReplyDelete