Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving thanks

Early yesterday morning, (like 4 a.m.), rocking Adam to sleep was not my idea of a good start to the day. I had been up every so often to put his pacifier back in his mouth and was anxious to continue sleeping. So I finally went back to bed and slept for a couple more hours. When I got up for good, I was not feeling the whole gratitude feeling that I should.

I can't remember exactly when the feeling left, but this little face sure helped:
And of course my wonderful husband who helped me as I made some delicious pies.

This is the final product of all our hard work:

Made and eaten by these wonderful people:

The Saunders
 
The Rosses


Ryker and Adam

Caleb


Christina and Adilyn

Always with a burp rag - notice Adam's soaked onesie.


We had some seriously good turkey, wontons, apple pie and stuffing. I was pretty pleased with my contributions: french bread stuffing with jimmy dean sausage (I made some changes, as you'll see), apple pie with this tutorial (pie filling is from Jed's mom), pumpkin pie (Libby's brand recipe) and chocolate torte. I felt like quite the little homemaker.

Today, however, was our "own little Thanksgiving dinner" complete with turkey, which we made in the slow cooker. Sooooo good, thanks to some kosher salt, fresh rosemary, basil, sage and thyme.

My amazing apple pie

The delicious turkey
So the Roberts family has much to be thankful for: food, home, job and loved ones, especially this little guy:

He had his four month appointment complete with shots. He's 14 pounds (31%), 25 in long (57%) and his head circumference is 15.9 in (10%). He's such a happy little guy, except for some teething action that's affecting his nights. But we're persevering and plus, we just love him so much, it's hard to imagine life without him now. And I'm so lucky with a great husband who I can talk to about anything, who will do anything for me and who loves me more than anything. Yeah, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. 3 words for you: Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are AMAZING. Also, a little tylenol can go a long way with little ones and you can give them both the teething tablets and tylenol because the tablets are all natural. It makes all the difference in the world. Make sure you are giving him the correct dosage of tylenol though because we found out we were giving our baby half of what she needed!

    ReplyDelete