Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Christmas time!

Nothing puts me more into the Christmas Spirit than music, decorating the tree and frosting sugar cookies. Fortunately, all of those are in abundance in the Roberts' household. I have to share with you my #1 song of the year - one I found quite by accident, but it's beautiful.





You can request a free downloadable file of the song or free sheet music by going here.

Decorating the tree is a Thanksgiving weekend tradition, but we couldn't access our storage unit (which held all our Christmas decorations) because of the massive storm that hit Rexburg. However, Katie, my sister, and I did manage to break through the snow and ice and pull out our Christmas stuff. So fun to put it all up; it was almost like being at home with her :D!


How sad - I realize I didn't take any of Katie or of us actually putting it up. For all you know, we watched Katie do it by herself! Nah, we put it all up! Love our tree - it's so simple and beautiful, a reflection of our lives right now.

Couldn't help but take a picture of the cutie under the Christmas tree. No, he didn't get there himself. This is a posed picture. I sure am glad he isn't moving around too much, except he scoots himself all over creation on his back. Yep, that's my son.

Last week, I had made a ton of sugar cookies and before Jed (or I) ate them all, we frosted them for our Friday night date after eating out. Adam participated just by being our cute entertainer. This is a long-standing tradition for my family. We would spend an afternoon decorating what seemed like hundreds of cookies, most of which were going to friends in goodie plates. Oh yeah, Santa also got some too. Not until the actual holiday was over did we polish off the remnants of the once-beautifully decorated cookies.

Well, we gave all ours away except a couple of broken ones and they weren't even frosted. So sad. I guess I need to make some more!




Looks like being married to Jed brings another Christmas tradition: homemade eggnog! Seriously, he makes the best eggnog. Last year, I didn't fully appreciate it because I was pregnant and nauseous a lot.

Here's the recipe:

Good eggnog
3 eggs
3 sprinkles of nutmeg
1 capful of vanilla
3/4 cup sugar

Put eggs in blender first and start blending and keep blending while adding all the other stuff that way you won't get raw-egg taste.

Add:
2 cups milk
3 heaping scoops of ice cream
add Sprite for desired zing.

Soooo good. Can't you tell?



Life is so good. Our little man is cuter than ever. And Christmas is around the corner. Joy to the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment