Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter weekend

Easter was a bit different for me this year - we went to visit Jed's family over in Boise and enjoyed conference, good food, and Easter festivities with them.

Getting there was half the battle, no thanks to a last minute storm that blew in west of Mountain Home causing some pretty scary road conditions. Fortunately, we made it to Caldwell safely and enjoyed the Easter dinner and Easter egg hunt with all the nieces and nephews.

They were so cute of course! We couldn't believe how some had grown since Thanksgiving when we saw them last. The highlight of our time included playing chess with Max and the "car insurance game" or "Life," as we know it, with Kevin.

I really enjoyed conference this year - I had prepared spiritually for it praying that the talks would be personalized to me - and they were!

I especially enjoyed Sis. Beck's and Sis. Lant's talk - and all the many talks about teaching the gospel in the home.

Here are some excerpts that I loved:

Personal revelation gives us the understanding of what to do every day to increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and seek those who need our help.  Because personal revelation is a constantly renewable source of strength, it is possible to feel bathed in help even during turbulent times….
from Sis. Beck

and from Elder Holland:

Whatever thoughts you have, make sure they are welcome in your heart “by invitation only.”  As an ancient poet once said, let your will be your reason.
Cultivate and be where the Spirit of the Lord is.
It was also neat to hear of my former mission companion's mom being called as the General Primary President. I don't know her personally, but her daughter is amazing and I'm sure is just like her mom. Also, my dear friend Valentine Nunez was called to be a general authority - I worked with him in Chile last year as a volunteer at the LDS Employment Resource Services center in Santiago. He is a great man and one of my heroes - I was not surprised he was called!

What a wonderful weekend! It went way too fast but I have another vacation coming up in a week: going back home to Rapid City! My mom is so excited - she can't wait to see her "baby" with a baby in her! I've been blessed at work to be able to take the time off so I hope it continues to stay that way.

This week is also the last week of school for Jed and while he isn't quite finished yet, it will be a heavy load of his shoulders. I'll be glad to have him finished up too...

No comments:

Post a Comment