Monday, March 8, 2010

Let's talk about sex! (Trust me, it's not what you think!)

Since I have an appointment this week that will tell Jed and I what we are having, I wanted to throw a party! I guess it started because of some friends from Holland who planted the idea in my mind, but I'll save those details for after the party.

So for those of you in Rexburg (or close enough) that would like an excuse to socialize with Jed and I, come over Saturday! Here's the info:


And like I said, you can stay as little or as long as you'd like, because we understand time constraints. But we are having a guessing game/drawing with prizes, and trust me, there are some cool prizes!

Take this for what it's worth, but at a recent baby shower I went to (and put on), some friends and I tried a trick to determine the sex. You take a string and loop your wedding ring on it and have someone hang it above the palm of your hand. If the ring goes in a circle, it's a girl, and if the ring goes back and forth, it's a boy. We experimented three times: with two of the girls who know they are having boys, the ring went back and forth. On my hand, it went in circles. We tried it twice! Even if it is a wives' tale, it was still fun. But we'll know Thursday and announce it to the world Saturday so come if you can!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Wish I could come! Don't get your hopes up though...sometimes you don't find out...like us! Lol. Good luck and have SO much fun seeing your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO, for those of us who live far away, we'll receive a phone call way earlier than that, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh definitly, Heather!! Don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo excited! What a super cute idea! And yes, we do love the excuse to socialize with y'all (I'm working on my Texan vernacular...) :)

    ReplyDelete