We were fortunate to go to Caldwell/Weiser and spend time with the Roberts clan for Thanksgiving. It was so nice of them to let us stay there, despite them trying to pack up the house and move back to Weiser. At least we were able to help in some small form. We enjoyed visits with the various siblings and cousins and the amazing dinner. Then we took to the backyard and did some shooting, which some may say that I am dangerous with a gun in my hand as I almost took my brother-in-law's hand off! But all is forgiven with the hopes that I improve my aim. I loved how Adam integrated so well with his cousins. He just jumped right in to dig for buried treasure with them or play with their "saurs" (dinosaurs). Jacob didn't handle the noise and struggled with his sleeping and eating schedule. Luckily, I have some pretty awesome sister-in-laws who are very good with babies and so helpful. It's always sad when we have to leave after such a short stay. I even skipped Black Friday shopping. It's just not easy with a nursing baby.
![]() |
| 2 months old! |
We returned to Utah and promptly put up the decorations. And by promptly, I mean it took us a week to get everything up, especially the tree. But as I opened the boxes of decorations, I discovered all the treasures I had bought last year: cute Christmas shirts for Adam, Christmas tupperware, holiday wrappings and trimmings and other small items that made it feel like Christmas morning early! Thank you, after-Christmas sales! I will definitely be hitting those up again this year.
![]() |
| Sweetest picture ever |
![]() |
| Helping daddy fluff the branches |
![]() |
| playing under the tree |
![]() |
| Oh Christmas Tree |
I was so proud of myself: I decided to continue the tradition that I grew up with, thanks to my mother, and make an advent calendar for Adam. It's a toilet paper roll tree - but don't laugh, it's a cute idea. However, I noticed that toilet paper rolls are different in size so even if they were all cut in half, some were taller than others. Oh well. Adam loves to punch through the wrapping paper and discover whatever treat is in the roll.
I also decided early on a bunch of DIY gifts for my family. I started on them early and got a lot done early. Booyah. Thank you, Pinterest. I can't wait to for my family to open them up. I'll post pics after Christmas.
Last year, my neighbor Savina and I co-hosted a Christmas party and it was a blast! We weren't even thinking of doing it again until someone from the party last year asked if we were doing it again and offered to host it at her place and help. We said sure why not. What a fun tradition for us! It was a snowy night so not many came as were invited, but it was so fun as we played Family Feud, Christmas edition and ate so many yummy treats and took some great pictures with some cute photo booth props I found online (yay for freebies!).
That same weekend, my dad came to visit and that was so great. He was finally able to meet Jacob for the first time. Unfortunately, Jacob was exhausted from not having taken a nap yet and Adam's loud noises made him extremely upset. Not such a happy meeting, but he warmed up quickly to grandpa and snuggled him all night. Grandpa also stayed in Adam's room and that was an adventure getting Adam to settle down and not be distracted by the fun, extra presence in his room. Good practice for camping, I guess.
Half way through December, Jed's cousin got married in the Manti Temple so we left one snowy morning and made our way through blizzard like conditions for the first bit and clear skies the last bit. Wow, I didn't realize how out in the sticks Manti is. It's a beautiful temple and the ceremony was beautiful, so it made it worth it, even though it was freezing! Luckily for us, Kendra's maid of honor watched Adam and Jacob who were of course little angels. The drive home was pretty good except we left so late, but we did enjoy the food of a little hole-in-the-wall drive through diner with melt-in-your-mouth homemade donuts. Go to Millers Drive-Thru if you're ever in Manti! Or hit up the fast food joints in Ephraim because Manti sure doesn't have a lot. We went from Manti to Provo to pick up the gift for the reception and then went to Lindon for the reception. It was a busy day, but the two boys were champs. Jacob slept both ways and Adam slept on the way back - such good boys!












No comments:
Post a Comment