Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Little moments

It's official - I can say children, kids, littles, etc. I just love using the plural form. But it's also weird to me that I'm at this point. For a whole 2 years and two months, I had one child, as you well know. I was thinking back to when I was little and trying to imagine myself as a grown up, as a wife, as a mother. It was nearly impossible to visualize. But even in my wildest of imaginations, nothing could trump how it really feels. 

And yes, I've had my good days with a healthy helping of bad ones. I've had my tears of frustration, but I've also had happiness just leak out of me in the form of tears. And because of those hard times and bad days, I appreciate even more the happy ones when I don't yell, Adam and I have tons of fun together (and on our own), Jacob eats and sleeps like he should with some making-faces-at-each-other time.

Here's a list of all the little moments that have made it worthwhile:

1. Sword fighting with Adam - him with the light saber and me with a pool noodle and Jacob on my lap. Adam would almost always win. 
2. Jacob getting so excited when he sees his mommy peer over the crib because he knows he's either getting food or getting a diaper change.
3. Adam yelling for me to stop as I go down the stairs so we can hold hands and go together.
4. Jed rubbing my feet while we watch "Once Upon A Time" together.
5. Adam saying, "please, thank you, bless you (when you sneeze and cough)".
6. Adam sharing a toy or food with Jacob and definitely the kiss on the head when it's bedtime.
7. Little outings I go on so I can get out of the house and have some me time.
8. Jed telling Adam a bedtime story.
9. Jed taking turns with Jacob and talking to him in such a sweet way. 

I think that's all. I guess this is my "thankful" list too, but didn't want to be too bandwagon-y with that one. However while laying in bed after an early morning feeding time, I realized how important it was to be grateful and express that gratitude to my Heavenly Father. When I did that, it enlarged my feelings of love and tenderness and happiness - basically every good feeling I had. It became embedded in my soul. 















2 comments:

  1. You are such a good Mommy!! I cannot wait to meet Jacob! He is so sweet. And the cowboy pic of Adam is almost too much! Oh your boys!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! Adam makes a pretty darn good looking cowboy. And I can't wait for Jacob to meet you and Livvy!

    ReplyDelete