I don't know about you, but I love having people over in my house. The loudness, the laughter and the warmth reminds me about my own home and growing up. It got pretty loud with my three sisters and I.
Well, since I can't have all you all over, I thought I would bring my home to you. Plus, now that I've got things set up a little to my liking, it's more a home now than it was earlier this month.
Upstairs
Here's what it looks like when you come through the front door:
A cute, little boy with a phone in his mouth. I love that we have a fireplace and mantle. It will make Christmas so ... Christmas-sy! The furniture you see is brand new - happy birthday to me! We got a pretty good deal on the set, so I'm happy.
This is what you see on the other side of the living room. The front window is nice, but our view consists of our garage and the little pine tree in our patio area.
Here's a closer view of the fireplace and the hallway leading to the stairs, other bedrooms and the kitchen.
Here's the ledge above the stairs. Right now it's a catch-all for batteries, shoes that don't belong to Adam, and other junk I need to take care of. The gate is a new acquisition. Funny story: I had just come home from getting the gate ($8.88 at Shopko!) and I was putting it up when Adam came up behind me and in between me and the stairs. Unaware, I moved slightly, bumping him down the stairs. Poor guy thump, thump, thumped down the stairs, much like one would roll down a grassy hill. I felt so bad for the poor kid as he was crying - I was crying - while I comforted him. Now as I look back on it, I can't help but laugh hysterically. It was pretty funny. And he survived.
The view down the stairs. Luckily for Adam, when he tumbled down the stairs, he only went as far as the landing. On another post, I'll show you the rest of the downstairs. I really like the ledge there to showcase seasonal items such as my cool vases from DI and the book pumpkin I made.
Across from the stairs is another mini hallway where you will find two upstairs bedrooms, the bathroom and two closets.
There's bedroom number 1 - also known as the craft room/library and soon to be, piano room (more on that another day!). Sorry, no close ups. It's not quite ready for a public appearance.
Here's the bathroom. We use it mostly for Adam's baths. Thus the messy appearance.
The other bedroom. Right now, it's housing what you see as well as our router and modem.
I have a love/hate relationship with our kitchen. It's big, but seems like there's a lot of wasted space. That's all the cupboard space, which wasn't nearly enough for all our stuff (which funny enough, we fit in our last place- you know, the small, 2-bedroom apartment?) There's also a pantry (the door you see) which is nice. My awesome mother-in-law found a few items that will take the place of the card table we're using now. Maybe I'll post pics when we get those. The window looks out on our good-sized backyard. So I'll can keep an eye on Adam when he's old enough to play outside.
Here's our eating area - and the window gives us a pretty good view of our neighbor's house and yard, as well as the Wasatch Mountains.
Well there you have it - the upper half of our home. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Come again and next time I'll show you downstairs!
wow! You have a HOME! I want a home...we'll have to put in more years of apartment life to get it, but if it's half as cute as yours it will be worth it! :o)
ReplyDeleteOh what a cozy, homey home, Sarah! I'm excited for you guys. Love the furniture - what a great birthday present! And how SAD that he fell down the stairs! Lol, I would've bawled, too.
ReplyDelete