Monday, September 19, 2011

Good day for a birthday

So Sunday was a big day at our house. One of us got older. I won't say who, but it gave us an excuse to open presents, have friends over and eat cake.

And yes, I gave Jed his diploma for his birthday. Didn't you know you can order those things online? Oh and pay no attention to the garbled Happy Birthday sign behind him. Adam made that so don't make fun.

Jed gets excited over bags of packing peanuts.  Adam just looks scared.

It was such a beautiful day that we had to go to the park.

Look at the flames! Actually, there were only 10 candles on the cake instead of the 3-- oops I mean 28 ;)
We had such fun with some friends who came over and stayed up way past our bedtime playing a game they got for Jed.

Now the day wasn't all fun and games. Jed gave a lesson at church and I played piano for Relief Society and gave a small presentation on new.familysearch.org with an older lady. Luckily for me, women at church have to fight over who gets to hold Adam. I don't mind in the slightest.

Then, before we go home, we get asked to be in charge of the ward activity next month. A month!! I think it's some sort of initiation tactic. The theme is "Fall Festival" and they want a square dance and a chili cookoff. Not only that, but I was also asked to plan a baby shower for a girl who's due in October. We can tell that we have our hands full, since Jed and I know all about planning parties (haha), it'll be a piece of cake.

Hmm. Good thing I ate a couple that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment