I know it's been a while, and now that I have consistent Internet, I need to stop procrastinating and blog! Our Easter weekend was wonderful. Saturday was fun as we spent time shopping at a yard sale (my hubby def loves me for going at 7:30 a.m.!) and then coloring eggs with my sister Katie. Lucky for us, the weather was beautiful, too, if not slightly chilly.
We decided (ok, I decided) to dye eggs differently, based off an idea I saw on a blog I follow. I brought out my hot glue gun and we used it to create designs. The eggs turned out pretty good, but the glue took the egg shell off. Upon further research, I learned that the eggs needed to be super cold for the glue not to take the shell off with it. So there you go.
Katie "gluing" her design
Adam's first experience with a hard-boiled egg. He liked it. Until he threw it like a ball.
Our eggs so far.
I was too busy checking out my egg to look up for the picture.
Our eggs and the mess we made
Sunday, we enjoyed church and then ribs for dinner with our fun friends the Davis'. We were lucky the ribs turned out because we started them in the slow cooker right after church instead of earlier... oops! But they turned out fabulous!
Our Easter baskets the "Easter Bunny" dropped off (by way of Fed Express)
I was amazed to find a matching bow tie to the vest I bought at a thrift store
No comments:
Post a Comment