On Saturdays, we get fresh fruits and veggies from a food co-op here in town which is pretty cheap and gives us a variety. We split it with another couple because there is NO WAY the hubs would help me eat the asparagus. Or the lettuce. Or most of the veggies. So after we got the contents of the basket Saturday, I went to work looking up various recipes that would fit with the produce (spinach, chili peppers, tomatoes, asparagus). Here's what I came up with:
Chile rellenos and enchiladas with spinach sauce.
Other meals I found are slow cooker mac and cheese, baked teriyaki chicken, and baked ziti and sausage. Boy, was I so dang excited. I made the enchiladas last night and they were TO DIE FOR! Even the hubs liked them. I diiiid happen to leave out the spinach part and just told him the sauce was made from the chiles. Then I asked him to guess the "secret ingredient." Would you believe that he guessed spinach? Then he told me that he had a pasta bowl with a spinach sauce at Olive Garden and really liked that. Oh.
I also use some of the produce to make Adam's baby food. No, I'm not one of those granolas, nor am I a super-cool mom. I'm a cheap-o, that's what. And it's so easy and doesn't take too much time. So far, we have frozen carrots, squash and pears. We'll see what this week brings.
My neighbor invited me to her baby shower - yay! Then I had misgivings. What was I going to give her? It had to be cute so I wouldn't have the boring gift. Aaand, she's having a little girl so we're talking PINK and FRILLY and BOWS! I had to make something. Luckily, I had some cloth diapers/burp rags leftover that hadn't even been used yet. Found a cute tutorial and SHAA-BAAM! Cuteness all over.
I couldn't tell you how excited I was on Saturday with the prospect of this week: good meals and a sewing project lined up. No way was I going to be bored at all! Especially with this handsome little guy:
![]() |
| Can we say "Holy sweet potatoes, Batman!"? |

I got some burp cloths made out of baby diapers and I LOVE THEM! They are so cute AND they are so absorbent. It will be a hit for sure.
ReplyDeleteOkay... that last photo is to die for :)
ReplyDelete