Yes, I know my jacket looks utterly ridiculous, but hey, it worked. It was so cold, people wore jackets, blankets, wool caps and gloves to stay warm. But I do not envy the men in skirts:
Very brave of them.
Here are more scenes of the parade that were cute:
Little kid on a big horse
This steam engine was cool - it shot candy out of a tube on the other end (sorry didn't get a picture of that one.)
Here's an old-time hearse. We work a lot with the funeral home because of the obituaries that we run.
Cute kids singing.
Here's the wrestling coach wrestling this dummy. Not entirely sure why...
Broulim's grocery carts put to good use - pretty creative, I think!
Jed is really happy I don't shop with THIS cart!
Isn't this cute? He's doing the sprinkler dance! Go, Boy Scout, go Boy Scout! Go! Go!
This is Ralphy the camel. I know this because I did a story on him last week. I'll post it sometime because it's one of those little gems that you are just so proud of writing!
And last, but not least, the baby wearers. Rigby held the International Baby Wearers conference - it was quite the sight to see so many women (and some men) walk up and down Main Street carrying their children in the most amazing ways. It surely was inspiring - to me at least!
It was such a fun day! Jed and I topped it off with a visit to the temple and a fun night with my very dear friend and former roommate Elise. This was taken a couple of years ago - she is so great!

YAY! That was really fun! Thanks for showing me around Rigby!
ReplyDeleteIt hit 100 degrees in DC today. Even I was hot.
ReplyDelete