Wednesday, May 26, 2010

La dee dah

So it's been awhile - shame on me! I guess I feel nothing too exciting has gone on. Jed and I keep plugging along day after day.

But then again, the swelling bulge keeps on growing:

29 weeks

I planted some flower seeds - right before we had a week of cold, windy, rainy/snowy weather :(
African Daisies

 Cosmos

zinnias
These pics are to help you (and me) imagine how they'll look. 

Jed got me the zinnia seeds and another flower (I forgot :-P) for mother's day and I bought the other two. I had a big planter, but the instructions were to plant them so many inches apart. I didn't have that space, so I'm utilizing some styrofoam cups and bowls to use as my interim planters. We'll see how that goes! But I really got excited - I went to a nursery in Rigby to look for a plant for my boss's mother's funeral and just went hog wild. Jed is very lucky we aren't bankrupt right now! I just wish I knew more about gardening, but I figure trial and error will be my teachers for the moment ;-). 

I have also been starting/finishing some sewing projects - mostly for Grape.

Check out the amazing fabric! I finished this in like 2 hours. But even though it was definitely the work of an amateur, I'm pretty proud of the final product! It will keep Grape warm through the Idaho winters, that's for sure!

Jed is great - he is my cheerleader for the creativity spells I get into. I'm so lucky!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good ! Your blanket is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I love that you call him grape!
    I am super impressed with your crafting and gardening! You are going to have a beautiful side yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing with my flowers! I got into a crazy, MUST-PLANT-SOMETHING mood, even though I know NOTHING about it, and therefore planted some flowers and peas right before all the cold hit. We'll see how it goes, huh? Good luck! And great job with your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute pregnant! Can't wait to see the little guy...

    ReplyDelete