Monday, March 28, 2011

Avoiding the online world

Yes, we are alive and well here in Rexburg. Yes, it is still snowing like we're under the reign of the White Witch (think Narnia). And yes, Adam is just as cute as ever.

He is such a ham! Ever time I pull out the camera, he does this smile. I was showing my parents during a video chatting session and as soon as he saw the orange light for the flash, he was all squinty eyes and smiles. It does, however, get in the way when he does other super-cute faces but I just can't seem to catch him off guard. Maybe I need a new camera so he doesn't recognize it... He also is starting to wave "bye-bye," fold his arms, pull himself up on items, etc. I could go on. I'll stop now.

So if you have been wondering what's been going on in the Roberts' world, well, let's just say I took a break from blogging, or any sort of presence in the social realms of the internet. I guess it helped the internet wasn't available to us because we have awesome internet providers (not), but mostly it's from me working a little more.

The second and third week of March, I stepped in to the role of "Editor" for the Jefferson Star, the newspaper I worked at before Adam was born. Two of their staff had to go on vacation at the same time (there really was no other way for them not to) and so they asked me to help. I was more than willing. It was thrilling to be back in the action again (or more like back in the "know" - I'm a nosey person!), so to say, but from home and in my pj's. I edited newspaper articles as well as covered a city council meeting. I had to admit, it was tempting to think I could do it on a full time basis. Looking back now, I wonder if I was high on some newspaper fumes or something because after all was said and done, I realized how much time was being spent away from Adam and doing my other wifely-motherly duties. No, not really ready to surrender those so I'll stick to full-time motherhood, thank you very much. (*note - these are just my feelings, I'm not saying every woman should feel the same as me. There you go.)

But looks like they'll keep me on hand for things such as meetings with county commissioners that are the same day as production day or other such stuff. I'm excited though - I can't stay out of the newspaper business for long!

So yes, because I was putting extra time and energy in the job and at home and no internet, I took a break from speaking my mind online. So I've missed you all and I hope you've missed me. Here are some pictures of Adam for you to feel better and forget about the nasty weather going on outside:

Playing with the Easter decorations before mommy takes them all away.



This is such a funny picture! It's really the angle, but you can believe, if you want, that he's really angry.

Happy 8  months! Love that smile!



2 comments:

  1. oh, he is SO cute!! He seems so much bigger since we got together! What a sweet little smile! I love it! Big ol' cheesy grins are my favorite :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! His little smile is adorable!

    ReplyDelete