Last week was bliss, basically. Jed and I spent some time at Lake Tahoe and the surrounding areas. We were amazed with the grandeur of the lake. It was clear and clean and cold. I don't think I've seen anything like it and whenever we drove around it, I would crane my neck just to keep eye contact with the lake. It was a good thing Jed was driving.
This picture is of Emerald Bay and is by far the most beautiful section of the lake we saw. It took a while to find a spot to stop and take pictures (it was Labor Day), but I was mesmerized.
At the resort where we were staying, we got a free parking pass for a beach nearby. It saved us $8 every time, so that was really nice. The beach was pretty, of course, but the sand was very coarse. We still went and enjoyed the cool water, refreshing ourselves after being baked by the sun. We even rented a kayak and went out for an excursion. We didn't go very far because we only had an hour, but it was totally worth the sore lower backs and hips from the pull!
We took a trip up to the North Shore (they have Lake Tahoe divided just like that - not sure for boundary purposes or map purposes or what). The water was shallow and beautiful at this beach (King's Beach) and the sand was very fine (no pun). We didn't spend too much time up there, but we took a couple of trips to enjoy the different views.
Since we were close enough, we took a day trip to San Francisco. Jed had been there before for a brother's wedding and suggested we go. I'm glad we did; it was so culturally fun! Running into characters such as Capt. Spareribs or going to Chinatown or eating at Ghiradelli square sure does something to you. I loved it. Unfortunately, our ride home was delayed as we hit traffic the same time a Giant's game was let out. Bad timing.
Reno was also close enough for a quick jaunt. It was pretty much a little Las Vegas with all the casinos and bars. Still, it lacked all the visual pollution you get on the Strip.
All in all, the week was so relaxing and exactly what Jed and I needed. We made some fun memories that will last us a long time and will become fun stories for our kids.
For other pictures, see my personal blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment